5 Helpful Tips to stay on Track:
1. Eat or have a Smoothie before going to an Event or Party. By filling up on your own Food, it will help stop your desire to eat unhealthy, cooked or fried foods.
2. If you are going to an Event Party contact the Food Co-Coordinator ahead of time and tell them you eat RAW Vegan Food (explain if you have to), and ask if there will be any non-cooked Vegan options available. Better to know and be Prepare, then arrive Hungry with no Healthy Choices to eat. Set yourself up to to win not fail.
3. If you are going to a House Party, offer to bring a dish. If the food choices at the Party aren’t Healthy ones, then you can eat what you brought!
4. If at a Buffet Style Party, check out the Food Table for Healthy RAW Vegan Food options and load up on those.
5. Drink Water as it will fill you up and keep you on track.
You may get people asking you why you eat RAW Vegan Plant-Based Food. They may not even know what it means! The questions usually come in stunned kind of tone. It’s best to have some answers ready for their questions. Make it light, give them an answer and ask them a question in return. Do Your best to not alienate them, but offer them some insight into this Foodstyle.
Here are some common Questions and some Suggested Answers:
What do you mean you don’t eat cooked food? (Astonished)
Cooked Food has little to no Nutritional Value and I’m all about Fueling my Body with Nutritionally-Rich Foods. I wanted more Energy, a Vibrant & Healthier Life, to Lose Weight and look Younger! I’ve accomplished all of those through RAW Food. Would you be interested in knowing more?
Do you only eat Fruits & Veggies? – What the heck do you eat? (Bewildered)
Did you know, I can eat as much as I want and never gain a pound! You’d be surprised just what you can make from Nuts & Seeds along with Fruits, Veggies and Superfoods. Do you like Ice Cream? Well, I make Nice Cream. All you need is Ice, Frozen RAW Bananas, a Date and a Blender and you can make NiceCream. Try it – you’ll love it!
No Diary? At All? (Shocked)
I’ve chosen kindness over cruelty, so I make my Mylks, Yogurts and Cheezes out of Nuts, Irish Moss and Coconut Meat. Ever tried Almond Milk? It’s Delicious especially Home-Made!
Why aren’t you eating anything? (Disbelief)
Oh, I ate before I came so now I can just enjoy everyone’s company – like I’m enjoying yours right now.
If they push, then I continue with: I only eat RAW uncooked Foods and really don’t want to sway from the commitment I made to myself and there aren’t any choices here for me to make, unless you’ve seen a Salad somewhere?
Where do you get your Protein from if you don’t eat meat? (Puzzled)
Well, did you know the largest Animals on the Planet get their Protein from Plants? Yup, Elephants, Gorillas, Panda Bears, Rhinos get their muscles from Protein by chewing and chewing, which breaks open the Amino Acids in the Plants that turn into Protein in the body. I use a High Speed Blender to do chewing for me, since I don’t want to chew that much. Ever tried a Green Smoothie – I bet you would love it! A little Kale, Spinach, Celery, Cucumber, a Banana, Berries some Coconut Water and WOW! Quick & Easy to do too. Pour that 30 second Smoothie into a cup with a lid and take it to go. It’s faster than making a Coffee and gives you Way more of an Energy Boost!
So, arm yourself with these Tools and set out Enjoying what’s really important this and Every Holiday Season – Friends, Family and Loved Ones.
If you slip, slide down the slippery slope, do not beat yourself up. There are temptations everywhere! Just pick yourself up, and start walking back up to the top of that hill. The View’s Better and, you will Feel Better!
What do I bring when I go somewhere – a Salad! Great thing about a Salad, no one will question it, and most people won’t eat it, so that leaves lots for you!!!
Here’s a quick and easy Dessert Tree that I like to make out of RAW Fruit. It’s Fun, Healthy and usually a Hit at any House Party.
- Wash and cut off the top and bottom of a Large Apple so they are both flat.
- Core to the size of a Large washed and peeled Carrot and insert into the Apple.
- Insert Long Skewers into the Apple and Carrot starting at the bottom and tapering the length of the skewers on the way up
- Use shorter skewers as to head to the top.
- Let your imagine be creative.
- Use Cookie cutters to cut out Fruit Shapes, Melon Baller for balls to add some variety and fun.
- Always use Fresh, RAW and Organic Fruit.
- Choose from Cantaloupe; Grapes; Kiwi (you can eat the skin); Strawberries; Pineapple; Blueberries; Watermelon – whatever Fruits you want.
- Just don’t use Fruits like Bananas as they brown very quickly once peeled.
- Enjoy and Happy Holidays!