Starting your Morning by Juicing Citrus Fruits, is a great time to ‘Break your Fast’. Citrus Juice is not only refreshing, but also a great Energy Booster.
Juice some Organic Fruits like Grapefruit, Oranges, Limes & Lemons. Grate in a little Ginger, Turmeric and add Bee Pollen for your Vitamin ‘Beeees’ (including B12 for Vegetarians)
Add 1/2 Juice and 1/2 Water so it’s not too sweet and your Insulin Level doesn’t spike.
And what to do with the Citrus Pulp and the Shells? Don’t compost them just yet….Put the Pulp back into the Blender with your Greens when making your Smoothies.
Use the Citrus Shells to rub your Elbows, Knees & Heels when you are in the Shower. You’ll be surprised how smooth they will feel afterwards. I rub my face with the shells as well – Vitamin C is the best for Wrinkles!!!
Here are some more Benefits:
There are 58 known Anti-Cancer compounds in Citrus Fruits – more than any other food!
- Vitamin C boosts your Immune System, especially when you are feeling a little under the weather or stressed
- Lemons are an excellent way of cleansing your system by flushing out built-up toxins
- Helps stimulate your Liver
- Freshens your Breath
- Whitens your Teeth
- Keeps your Tea Cup stain-free (add a slice to your Tea)
- Full of Antioxidants which help keep your skin clear, bright and wrinkle-free
- Pectin Fiber helps with Hunger Cravings
- Energy Booster
- Decreases Acidity in your Body
- Calming effect on your Nervous System
- Helps relieve Indigestion, Burping, Bloating and Heartburn